2014 Municipal Funding
On January 30, Toronto City Council passed the City’s 2014 budget. Provisions for arts funding include a continuation of City Council’s commitment to reach the $25 per capita funding target by 2017.
Councillor Gary Crawford successfully moved a motion at Budget Committee earlier this month that upholds this commitment and specifically designates a funding increase of $1.8 million for Toronto Arts Council’s grants programs for 2014. Thanks and congratulations are due to Councillor Crawford and his colleagues who are making arts funding a priority.
Following confirmation of the 2014 budget at the full City Council meeting on January 29, Toronto Arts Council’s 2014 grants budget is just over $16 million. Increased grants funding is allowing TAC to strengthen and stabilize existing arts organizations as well as offer exciting new grants programs and opportunities.
Highlights of the impact of new funding are:
- Partnership with City Museums: Animating Historic Sites (Application due January 24, 2014)
- 30 youth-led projects in underserved neighbourhoods supported in partnership with Artreach in 2013 and 2014
- Platform A: creating connections between arts outside the core and established arts organizations
- Micro-grant programs offered to artists working outside the core in 2013 and 2014
- Partnership with TPL: Artists in the Library
- Partnership with TDSB: Dare to Create
- ArtsVest partnership with Business for the Arts delivering fundraising training to 77 small arts organizations with matched funds of 3 to 1 by Canadian Heritage and private sector donations.
Subscribe for info on new grants. View TAC Funding Priorities. ADD LINK WHEN AVAILABLE