Toronto Arts Foundation 2012 Annual Report
2012 was a transformative year for Toronto Arts Foundation as it entered the first year of its new, three-year strategic plan committed to strengthening the arts, turning up the spotlight on Toronto’s artists and arts organizations, and connecting communities and youth to the power of artistic activity.
“Toronto Arts Foundation is poised to build on its many successes in 2012” said Susan Crocker, Chair of Toronto Arts Foundation. “We look forward to continuing our work building a Creative City: Block by Block, and solidifying Toronto Arts Foundation as an important voice in the arts community, unifying art making with city building.”
2012 highlights include:
- The implementation of the Foundation’s new three year Strategic Plan;
- The Toronto Arts Foundation Awards: celebrating the Foundation’s Signature Awards at the 2012 Mayor’s Arts Lunch, as well as the launch of its new Vision Awards celebrating Community Engaged Arts in the City of Toronto (ACE Awards);
- Emergence, a symposium celebrating arts for social change at the Harbourfront Centre;
- The continued growth and expansion of the Neighbourhood Arts Network, Toronto’s premiere platform connecting community engaged artists and arts organizations throughout the city;
- The launch of North York Arts, a new local arts service organization to service North York, currently being incubated by Toronto Arts Foundation;
- The final stage of the Foundation’s Arts Impact Study, a research project conducted in-partnership with OCAD University, York University, and Art Starts. This comprehensive research study was funded by the Social Sciences and Humanity Research Council of Canada (SSHRC);
- Toronto Arts Foundation was the proud recipient of the Mayor’s Ball for the Arts. Net proceeds from the event will help the Foundation create more artistic opportunities for young people;
- Toronto Arts Foundation celebrated new Major Partnerships with BMO Financial Group, MINTO,
- The Toronto Star, and NOW Magazine.
View the Annual Report below
Annual Report 2012 Toronto Arts Foundation (4.23 MB)
Toronto Arts Foundation is driven by its vision, Creative City: Block by Block, a commitment to connect every Toronto neighbourhood with the transformative social and economic benefits of the arts. Looking forward, the Foundation will grow in strength as it forms new partnerships and continues to foster a culture of creativity and arts philanthropy in Toronto.
For more information about Toronto Arts Foundation’s Annual Report and how you can help build a Creative City: Block by Block, please contact Jason Maghanoy at email@example.com.
Toronto Arts Foundation
Toronto Arts Foundation, a charitable organization, provides the opportunity for individuals, private and public foundations, corporations and government agencies to invest in and strengthen the arts in Toronto. We are powered by a vision: Creative City: Block by Block, a commitment to connect every Toronto neighbourhood to the transformative social and economic benefits of the arts. Through sponsorships, legacy gifts and donations to our Creative City Funds, Toronto Arts Foundation gives voice to the arts, shines the spotlight on Toronto’s exceptional talent, and connects communities to the arts. For more information on Toronto Arts Foundation visit www.torontoartsfoundation.org